Heidi is a former Polynesian dancer and athlete who originates from the Big Island of Hawaii and San Jose California. She received her Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology from the University of Hawaii Hilo and is a United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Coach Practitioner and State Officiate. As an NPC Figure competitor, Heidi has placed in several shows around the nation and also holds 6 Texas State Records in Powerlifting for the Sub-Masters 60kg & 67kg for USPA, 3 Alabama State Drug-Tested Records for the 67kg Open as well as a 3 Drug-Tested National Records in Powerlifting for the Sub-masters 67Kg. Her love of bodybuilding and powerlifting fosters a training style that combines both practices, sometimes referred to as POWERBuilding. Her clientele ranges from professional athletes to stay-at-home mothers.
She, along with her husband Deven, owns Core Strength & Performance gym in Huntsville, Alabama. Always hoping to grow the sport of powerlifting amongst the women in North Alabama, “Core Barbell” is now comprised of over 15 athletes, of which 85% are women. Since launching her podcast “The Future Is Female Powerlifting” in 2018, Heidi has been able to reach more women who might be fearful of taking the next step in strength through powerful storytelling and intimate conversation.
Some of the most well known & strongest powerlifters in the industry have graced the show such as Julia Anto, Laura Phelps, CC Ingram, Amanda “Haparican” Kohatsu & creator of Kabuki Strength, Chris Duffin.
Certifications & Education
- B.A. Health & Physical Education, University of Hawaii Hilo
- United States Powerlifting Association (USPA), Coach & National Official
- United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Alabama State Records Chairman
- National Strength & Conditioning Association, Personal Trainer
- Precision Nutrition Exercise Coach
- Reflexive Performance Reset Certified, Level 2
- IPL Drug-Tested Worlds 2017: 67kg Open-1st, 3 Alabama State Records
- USPA Drug-Tested Nationals 2017: Sub-Masters-1st & Overall, 3 National Records
- USPA Chuco Steel Classic 2016: Sub-masters-1st, 3 Texas State Records
- USPA Goliath Powerlifting Classic 2016: Sub-masters-1st place
- USPA Pulaski Powerlifting Competition: Open-2nd place
- NPC Manhattan Bodybuilding 2014: Class A, Open Figure-2nd place
- NPC Midwest Naturals 2013: Class A, Open Figure-1st, Novice Figure-1st, Overall Figure Champion