This is a Drug-Tested meet. Testing information including the banned list can be found under the “Drug Testing-Banned Substance List” in the USPA Rulebook.
This registration is only for the meet. You will still need to be a member of the USPA. Memberships will not be sold at the meet. Purchase your annual membership at USPA Membership
LOCATION, DATE & TIME
- WHEN: Saturday, May 8th, 2021. 9:00am-5:00pm (estimate end time)
- WHERE: BCI Sports Performance & Fitness Business Center, 9582 Madison Blvd Suite 16 & 17, Madison, AL 35758.
- WEIGH-INS: Friday May 7th 9am-10:30am & 5pm-6:30pm at BCI Sports Performance & Fitness
- RULES BRIEFING: Saturday, 8:00 am
- LIFTING BEGINS: Saturday, 9:00 am
- **Flight Roster will be posted on the day of the meet.
- There will be no Saturday weigh-ins. There are no refunds if you can not attend the Friday weigh-in. Please do not sign up for this meet if you can not weigh in during one of the Friday sessions.
- Open: 1st – 3rd place in each weight class
- Junior 13-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-23: 1st – 3rd place in each weight class and age group
- Submaster 35-39: 1st – 3rd place in each weight class
- Master 40-44, 45-49, etc.: 1st – 3rd place in each weight class and age group.
- Best Lifter: Awards given to each qualified lifter with 5 or more competitors in their class
- One-piece singlet must be worn, as a minimum for all lifters. Underwear must be “V” type legless aka “tighty whities”, or jockstrap. No compression shorts or spandex allowed.
- Raw division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (No velcro belts or padding on the inside of the belt), wristwraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer kneesleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
- Classic Raw Division: is raw except it allows up to 2.5 meter kneewraps for the squat.
- Single Ply rules: Single-Ply squat, bench, and deadlift suits only! No velcro straps on the squat/deadlift suit. Velcro is allowed on the bench shirt, but must close the back completely- no open back shirts. No velcro straps allowed on squat or deadlift suit. No support briefs allowed in single ply.
- Multi Ply rules: Multi-Ply division allows multi-ply squat, bench shirts and deadlift suits along with open back shirts and Velcro straps for the DL suit.
- Drug Testing: Drug Testing by urinalysis. Drug Testing will be a 10% targeted selection based on the top Wilks scores.
- Attempts: 1st attempts must be given at weigh-ins. Attempts need to be given in kilos (kg). Attempts must be in 2.5kg increments.
- Records: You must let the officiates know you are breaking or setting a record BEFORE you attempt it. If you do not, it will not be counted. You may view USPA rules and view the State or American records on the USPA website. Click here to go to the USPA site
- Spectators: Doors will open to public at 8:00am, $10 admission fee at door.
- **Lifters are encouraged to read the USPA Rulebook, especially the Approved Equipment List
Direct all questions to Heidi Dehnel, email: [email protected]