Our Q & A is back with Elite FTS Coach Julia Anto! Listen as we discuss questions that were asked on our Instagram & Facebook “Golden Mic” Post!
In this episode, Julia and I talk about how some recovery methods that don’t suck. Listen as we go over:
- Tips/ advice for someone just getting into the nutrition side of the sport?- @xtina0421
- How far out from a meet should a lifter begin a peaking program?- @Prairie_barbell
- How would you approach training while dealing with a disc injury (L5S1)? Specifically, how would you progress from unloaded movements to eventually lifting again?- @shanajstone
- What are ya’lls favorite and least favorite accessories?- @ssguda
- Any good recovery methods for sore muscles after lifting?
- What do you think the new generation of powerlifters is caught up on?
- There is a thin line between just lifting heavy and pushing yourself (just train mentality) and executing the lift properly (train smart). How do you know when to do one or the other?
- Recovery, self-care examples… doing nothing on a rest day is what my body wants to do but I’m finding it’s not what I SHOULD do.
- Advice for overcoming mental barriers when it comes to getting under heavyweight?
- Started lifting after 50, how do I build more muscle?
Featured Guest/People Mentioned:
- Julia Anto @julia.ant_toe
- Christian Anto @ant_toe
- Elite FTS @Elitefts
- Dani LaMartina, DPT @danilamartinadpt
- Lucy Hendricks @lucy_hendricks
- DNS Rehab @dnsrehabilitation
If you enjoy the show, please take a few minutes to Rate & Review us on iTunes. Your reviews help the podcast grow!
Want to support the show? Pick some apparel here! Snap a pic and tag us in it, we’ll feature you on our social media channels!
This episode is brought to you by Core Strength & Performance. Core’s community is built on the journey. We understand that it takes more than a few days to reach your goals of building stronger relationships, stronger bodies, and stronger minds. Visit www.Core256.com for Online or In-Person Training, or find us on Instagram at @CoreSandP @futureisfemalepowerlifting and Facebook @CoreSandP.