“You can still lift, you should still lift and it’s possible to keep improving your lifts while you’re injured.”
Dr. Kaytlyn Wells from Beyond Recovery Physical Therapy breaks down the ways she helps her clients every day recover from injuries while still progressing in their training and lifts.
Listen as we go over:
- Her background and journey in training
- 5 Tips On Recovering From Injuries:
- Keep lifting: Don’t always take time off lifting
- Video: Seeing where your technique breaks down
- Change Intensity (weight on bar) or Volume (Reps x Sets x Weight= Volume)
- Change exercise variation: tempo, negatives, pauses
- Auto Regulate: keeping relative intensity HIGH, but absolute intensity low
Featured Guest/People/Info Mentioned:
- Dr. Kaytlyn Wells @beyond.recoveryphysicaltherapy
- Beyond Recovery Physical Therapy https://www.beyondrecoverypt.com/
- Looking for Nutrition or Powerlifting training? Visit: www.core256.com/online
LISTEN HERE on all major podcasts!
If you enjoy the show, please take a few minutes to Rate & Review us on iTunes. Your reviews help the podcast grow!
Want to support the show? Pick some apparel here! Snap a pic and tag us in it, we’ll feature you on our social media channels!
This episode is brought to you by Core Strength & Performance. Core’s community is built on the journey. We understand that it takes more than a few days to reach your goals of building stronger relationships, stronger bodies, and stronger minds. Visit www.Core256.com for Online or In-Person Training, or find us on Instagram at @CoreSandP @futureisfemalepowerlifting and Facebook @CoreSandP.