At some point in your powerlifting training, you are more than likely going to deal with back pain. Some of the older ways of treating your back pain not only might make it longer for you to heal but also might be making it worse.
Today I sit with Physical Therapist Dr. Kaytlyn Wells to discuss why we start having back pain during training and what we can do about it.
Listen as we go over:
- Back pain signs and symptoms
- What are some reasons we have back pain
- What can help and what might make it worse
- Things to keep in mind (referred pain, “weak core”, and “tight hamstrings”
- Exercises that can help: Banded Hip Mobility, Nerve glides, Pallof Press, Suitcase Carries, Glute Bridge, Glute Ham Developer
Featured Guest/People/Info Mentioned:
- Dr. Kaytlyn Wells @beyond.recoveryphysicaltherapy
- Beyond Recovery Physical Therapy https://www.beyondrecoverypt.com/
- Looking for Nutrition or Powerlifting training? Visit: www.core256.com/online
LISTEN HERE on all major podcasts!
If you enjoy the show, please take a few minutes to Rate & Review us on iTunes. Your reviews help the podcast grow!
Want to support the show? Pick some apparel here! Snap a pic and tag us in it, and we’ll feature you on our social media channels!
This episode is brought to you by Core Strength & Performance. Core’s community is built on the journey. We understand that it takes more than a few days to reach your goals of building stronger relationships, stronger bodies, and stronger minds. Visit www.Core256.com for Online or In-Person Training, or find us on Instagram at @CoreSandP @futureisfemalepowerlifting and Facebook @CoreSandP.